Tuesday, August 8, 2023

two things

 Two things: this morning, I was looking through some of my old blog posts for something else, and came upon this one from ten years ago, with a motto I'd forgotten about (but shouldn't have): inimicum malissimum meum mecum duco, "I bring my worst enemy with me".

The other thing: about three months ago, I came as close to suicide as I ever hope to come. I referred in that post to the forgotten war memorial. I was going to pass by there today on my way to something else, and I decided to stop and get some pictures.





There's some kind of design at top I can't place, and a legend at bottom, "Their Bodies Rest", which is how I know it was once a war memorial. There are bolts in the stone that apparently once held bronze plaques, but those are gone; whether officially removed, or stolen for the scrap metal, I don't know.

It's an eerie space. I don't know why the branches are stacked up near the base, whether for removal, or burning, or what. 

Last night was the last of a series of individual counseling sessions I'd begun to deal with a problem (that I'm not going to be specific about here). I'm done, for now.

I'll have a more complete post next month for suicide month. But the gods told me that today was a day to stop by there, and I find they don't take kindly to being ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment