Sunday, August 27, 2023

pseudo-recovery ride

 








So after Tom's ride yesterday, I had thought that I could use today's ride for a recovery. After all, co-leader Joe E agreed to take the faster folks, and three or four of 'em went off with him at the start.

(Readers on the Road Biking NJ Facebook Page: I linked yesterday's ride to your page, but there's a word in the title that's excluded by policy. You can see the post at the link in the previous paragraph, if you have the least bit of interest.)

Today's ride could reasonably have been a recovery ride: not too much climb, not long (for me), with a stop at a favorite bakery. 

But I got some eager horses, even among the not-fast folks. And one of my sweeps came in with an average of over 15mph. You can see on the ride page, my average was 14.9.

(My average on the slow trip home afterwards was 11.7mph. I was whipped.)

But the stop is great, and the proprietors were happy to see us. In fact, he took pictures, and put 'em up on his Facebook page.



 But I'll be napping this afternoon. Don't call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment