Monday, July 31, 2023

good ride, good company, good day

 

The storm Saturday night knocked twenty degrees off the temperature and cleared out dozens of points of humidity. My club ride for Sunday morning was full at fifteen. A few at the start:





Before we started, a rider who had been an almost-regular, but whom I hadn't seen in quite a while rolled up: Mini B. I was, of course, delighted to see her; although she wasn't registered, she said she'd ride with us for a while, and roll off when she felt she'd had enough.

We got started, and on the first stretch, John W also appeared to ride along. I'm flattered they came out!

My route went from Franklin to Kingston and then to Princeton. We rolled through town, and got to Rosedale, where I warned the folks that we were going to get separated; at the top and below are pictures of regrouping at ETS.




From there, we go across Bayberry, and then Moores Mill/Mt Rose to Pennington/Hopewell Rd (518). The sheep were out, but I didn't get pictures. We stopped at the Boro Bean.



Outside the Bean was this excellent Centurion. I finally determined the owner, and told him how much I liked the bike - it turned out he was an authority on Centurion bikes, and the author of the article about Centurion bikes on the Sheldon Brown site. He's a sort-of celebrity among a tiny group of enthusiasts. (It's a gorgeous bike...)



On the way out after the Boro Bean, I saw a number of folks in BMS Coast-to-Coast-for-Cancer jerseys, apparently on a break from their ride. I rang the bell and waved; they waved back... is it possible that one of those enthusiastic waves was from Sweta P, whom I've just ridden with a couple times recently?

Good ride, good company, good day. Go check the ride page.

No comments:

Post a Comment