Sunday, April 30, 2023

tour de franklin wrench

Today was the Tour de Franklin, the Franklin Food Bank fundraiser. I've been volunteering as a mechanic for their ride for years, and this year, I went as Ramblin' Wrench (and got a sponsorship spot!).

But rain was predicted, and, despite dry roads early, there were not a lot of riders.





They had three bikes for a raffle... and two of them were in unrideable condition, with brake binds and shifting problems. I earned my keep by getting them to work. 



There was a bike-and-helmet rental guy, who made big noises about hiring me to help when he does rentals on weekends. I'll be scouring my email to see if he contacts me... but I'm glad I'm not depending on him for income.

The volunteers were having fun, though.




 ...as was this not-quite-rained-out group at the end:



Here's hoping for a better outcome in the future for the Food Bank folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment