Wednesday, April 12, 2023

ride on a lovely day


 I am just awestruck by the fact that I was riding in frost and wearing my winter gear last week... and today, by the end of the ride, it was over 80°F, and I was uncomfortable in my shorts and short-sleeve jersey, because I'd worn two layers on top, just in case.

Tom H had sent around an email to a number of his Insane Bike Posse, to see if those of us who are retired, or could get time off from work, could get out to ride on what promised to be a great day. A few of us responded.





Tom sent around the route he intended to do. I took a look at the elevation diagram, and panicked about that hill at mile 10:

I put the easy gears on the bike (I posted on Facebook about it; I have a cassette with an easy hill gear that I use when conditions demand)... but I needn't have worried; there was only about 1200' of climb overall, and by the time I thought to use the gear, we'd already gotten past the threatening hill and we on the downslope, heading for somewhere else.

Oh, well.


We wee, I think, unusually strong for a ride this early in the season; the ride page shows that my average on this ride was higher than what I've been averaging on my solo rides. Or maybe I was just inspired by riding with friends.

Thanks for coming to check this out. For a number of reasons, it was time to start a new blog; I expect ride reports, bike experiments, and the usual craziness and complaining from my old blog will continue. I hope to see you here often!

No comments:

Post a Comment