Sunday, April 23, 2023

change in the weather

 

If you looked at the sky at the start of today's ride, you never would have thought that the day would have turned out as well as it did.






I had capped the ride at fifteen registrants, then got a request from a particular friend and raised it to sixteen... but in this morning's wet weather, I had a flurry of cancellations (and late registrations, and more cancellations), and wound up with twelve.

All of them came out, although there was some discussion about whether the rain was getting harder, and was it really gonna clear up? But Jack H noted clear sky to windward even before we left.

And by the time we made a stop at the Griggstown Causeway, the sky was already clear, as you can see in the picture at top.

We went down into Princeton, over the down-and-up of Rosedale, through ETS.

Then up the long drag of Carter and Hopewell-Princeton Road. At the St Michael's Reserve, we saw the new installation of the "Awakening" sculpture. It's worth a stop.



A stop at Boro Bean...




...and more proof of the great day that it turned into:


I had thought of cancelling, and I would have been just beside myself with frustration if I had done. All of the riders were delighted with the ride, and what the day turned into. 

I'm glad I went. Ride page.


No comments:

Post a Comment