Sunday, April 23, 2023

better tire tool

 Look, nobody's gonna argue that the first thing you need to remove and mount bike tires is good tire-replacement technique, and there are those who swear that they only ever need their hands to replace tires. That's great for them, but we mere mortals sometimes need good tools to change the tires on the bike. 

Between maintaining our bikes, and replacing tires for riders on club rides, I've replaced tires hundreds of times. I have favorite tools, including some steel tire levers that are nine inches long. And sometimes, you've just gotta pull out the Kool Stop Tire Jack, even though just owning one is an admission of defeat. (I have two.)

I've just replaced the tires on both my wife's bike and mine (new front tire, front tire to rear), and I have a new favorite tire tool. The Tyre Monkey stood up and did the business.


 

 Promotional video:



I had used the Tyre Glider, which has the same theory of use, but isn't as beefy, and the slot that glides over the rim when you're using it to replace the tire isn't as wide as the one on the Tyre Monkey, and wouldn't slide on my rims. The Tyre Monkey did. 

I have one in the shop toolbox. I'm buying to more to keep in the bike bags.

I'm persuaded. And they didn't even pay me money to say this.

No comments:

Post a Comment