Sunday, June 18, 2023

father's day ride


 Sometimes, I lead a ride, and it's just a good day, with good weather and pleasant fellow riders, and nothing in particular seems worthy of note, except that it was a pleasant ride on a good day.


We started with nine (one of 'em new to me). Several of 'em rode in, and, with Father's Day commitments, two of 'em, including the newbie, rolled off before the stop. 

At one point, I missed a turn, and Mike V re-routed so we were back on track in a quarter-mile or so (I mentioned to Matt F that I'd probably stop my recriminations and self-flagellation about that in three or four days).

After the two rolled off, the rest of us stopped at that Sweet Gourmet bakery on 206 (that's beginning to replace the Blawenburg Bistro in my affections. Fickle I am, I know...).




Uh-oh... that reminds me that there was a similar sign up at that Italian Bakery in Raritan. I prolly oughta check that so I don't show up there when they're closed...




Riders kept remarking on the pleasant weather and the pleasant company. I felt lucky.

At the end, Matt F insisted I get the pic that leads off this post. There are worse things.

Go see the ride page.

Don't you think you ought to come out with us?


No comments:

Post a Comment