Monday, June 19, 2023

club juneteenth ride

 

So when the Princeton FreeWheelers, my club, set all-paces rides for the Juneteenth holiday today, I jumped to the conclusion that we would be leaving out of Parking Lot 10 at Mercer Park, because that's where most of our all-paces rides leave from. All the other leaders left from Etra Park, which makes sense, because that was the starting point for last years' Juneteenth rides. 

I wasn't paying attention, or something.

But I had registrants anyway, and several pointed out that they liked this starting point (for example, for ease of parking or proximity to home), or they liked the route I'd cobbled together.

So we started with fifteen. Some of em:











It was a lovely day (how often do we get three good riding days on a three-day weekend?). We did about 30 miles. 



 People had a range of abilities; I missed it when two riders went off the front, and feared they fallen behind. I did a couple of time-trial-ish sprints looking for 'em (which is why my ride page shows a higher distance and average than most), but eventually we realized they'd gone off...

... and one of the group was kind enough to have a flat, so they'd wait for me!

We stopped at the Stonebridge Bagels...


... and then came back. One of the riders suggested a route change; if I can remember and figure it out, I might incorporate it (I like leading rides, but I'm not the best navigator...).

And after three days on the bike, I think I'm going to do some weights, instead, tomorrow.

1 comment: