Wednesday, May 17, 2023

windy out and back

 

Tom H invited a few of his Insane Bike Posse out for a slightly-under-40-miles today. 




Tom saw that the wind was going to be a presence, so he set the route mostly into the wind on the way out, so we'd have mostly a tailwind on the way back. It worked. Sort of.

We did this route.

When we got to the Assunpink, we decided to roll around and make sure the pond was still there.




It was.

Along the way, Martin (a pro photographer) explained why our pictures of those hills that look so frightening in real life, never look threatening in the pictures. I was glad to learn it was not simply my dunderheadedness. (I can ascribe an adequate number of my ills to that already.)

For us, a ride of this length is just on the edge of whether we need to have a snack break or not, so we decided not to... but human frailty and age intervened, and we decided a stop for attention to our renal needs was in order. We dropped in at Village Park in Cranbury.




And once again, Martin got a picture of me:


Yeah, I don't ever look that good. Martin is a pro.


No comments:

Post a Comment