Saturday, May 27, 2023

they should all be like this.

 

Tom H posted a 40-or-so-mile-ride today on the Princeton FreeWheeler Ride Calendar, calling it "moderately hilly through the Sourlands and along a few rivers". His start, near the quarry on Kingston-Rocky Hill Road, is about ten miles from home for me, so I decided to ride in and back, and turn the day into a metric nearly-century, almost 100 kilometers.

I met Eric H riding in.

At the start:







I'd seen the elevation diagram for the planned route:

...and decided I was worried about that big hill about a quarter of the way in, so I'd put the easy gears on the bike, but I needn't have worried; the diagram was deceiving, and we went over with decent breath and strength (although with the usual excess of complaining).

It was a glorious, beautiful day.



They can't all be like this, but I wish they could.

You do, too.

Ride page. (Doesn't include my rides from home or back. Like, do you really care about those?)



No comments:

Post a Comment