Monday, May 15, 2023

much bling; little business


 

I get bar wrap from Ali Express, because it's cheap, and because I can find colors and patterns not elsewhere available. I usually stay two or three packs ahead, because I have no idea how the stuff is gonna feel on the bike, how long it will be*, or how durable.

A few riders and club members remarked on this most recent pattern, and, while I agree the pattern is nice, I'm disappointed. I put it on about two weeks ago, and in that time (and about 300 miles), the pattern layer is wearing off. I won't be using this stuff again.

I've replaced it with an even more bling-y pattern, but it appears to be on the same substrate as the stuff in the pictures above. I hope the current stuff lasts. 

But if not, I'm only out about $10-15 (and three or four weeks of shipping time). And if  get real dissatisfied, I can get no-backing black EVA for about $5. I buy those five-at-a-time for the New Brunswick Bike Exchange.

*Deda Elementi tape (real Italian stuff; NOT cheapo Ali Express) comes in some of the best colors, including a deep red and three different shades of green... but it's always just that little bit too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment