Tuesday, July 30, 2024

a ride for all the club

 I've reinstated my practice of doing a no-pace ride for the club on the last Sunday of the month. It's a ride that anybody can do if they can do the distance, and  I try to keep the distance manageable. Faster folks go at the pace they like, and I make sure that nobody rides alone. In the past, I've done it out of the Claremont School in Franklin. That route has a few hills that some folks find challenging (for example, climbing out of the D&R Canal right-of-way in both directions).

But I've moved to the other side of the county. And The Excellent Wife (TEW) has a route that's flat, and starts within five miles of my garage door. So we started in Cranbury this time.

There's TEW!




Jeff, above in the orange, brought the lovely De Bernardi pictured below.




I love those gorgeous steel bikes.

I shortened TEW's route to about fifteen miles. That was probably too short; I'll plan to go back to her 22-ish-mile route for the next one. That said, though, the people who came out (many of whom I'd never met) really enjoyed this ride; more than one remarked that this kind of riding was what they wanted to do.

I'll plan to keep doing these until interest drops (probably as the temperatures do!). If you're a club member, maybe you want to come out... or maybe you want to lead one!

No comments:

Post a Comment