Friends Bobbi B and Marty A do some routes for the club that leave from Village Park in Cranbury and follow the Trolley Line Trail (is that in West Windsor?) out and back; Marty makes sure to add a few miles so it's worth actually getting out the gear and packing up the bike. They lead it at a pace that;s comfortable for some of the less-fitness-obsessed club members (ahem!).
I had the idea of starting a ride ten minutes earlier, and going at a slightly faster pace on that same route, with the idea that if anybody was having trouble keeping up, they could ride at a more relaxed pace until Marty and Bobbi's ride caught up with them. I asked Marty and Bobbi about it, and they were agreeable. So I posted it.
I got two takers, which is plenty for this kind of ride.
At the start:
So, at about 8:50, off we went. Nancy was eager to go, and showed the pace from the start; Vinod and I stayed a bit back (I was still tired from the two days before). It was a great day, there was little traffic out, and few other users on the Trolley Path.
I'd downloaded the route without checking it, and we had a little GPS-wants-a-U-turn business at the ed of the Trolley Trail, but we got that sorted, and headed back to take the stop at the park in West Windsor. We were there about ten minutes, when Marty and Bobbi's ride came in.
The Excellent Wife (TEW) had signed up for Marty and Bobbi's ride, and Bobbi got that great picture of the two of us, above.
I was confused about the route getting out of the park, but Nancy got us back on track. Marty had added miles to the route by going through a neighborhood in Plainsboro (I call these, "real-estate tours"). I was so set on getting back, I almost missed the turn, but Nancy pointed it out. It was a pleasant detour, and I may use it again.
I'm not sure if the "leave a few minutes earlier and go at a faster pace" thing worked on this ride, and I don't know if I'll do it again. But it was a pleasant day.

No comments:
Post a Comment